Registration Process for 2023-2024
Welcome to Garth Webb S.S. Please read the instructions for student registration carefully and contact the school at 905.847.6875 if you have any questions.
Garth Webb Catchment Area
Please use this locator tool to determine if Garth Webb S.S. (GWSS) is the correct school based on your home address. If you are within the GWSS school boundary, please review the following information to determine whether or not your registration can be completed by the school or if it has to be completed at the HDSB Welcome Centre.
Welcome Centre Registrations
You must contact the Welcome Centre to register for school if your student is:
• Entering the Ontario school system for the first time, and whose first language is not English (or is a variety of English)*
• Entering with an International Student Visa (or any Visa including Visitor Visa)
• Entering with a Work Permit or a Study Permit (student and/or parent/guardian holds the permit)
• Entering with their Permanent Residence application in process
• Entering from a French language school in a French language school board (if first language is not English)
• Re-entering Ontario after an absence of a year or more (if first language is not English)
* where student is a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Refugee Claimant
If your student meets any of the above criteria, please contact the Welcome Centre using this form to make an appointment to complete your registration.
Registration Process and Course Selection Materials
Note: Registration will occur directly from school to school for all Grade 8 students attending a Garth Webb feeder school (Emily Carr, Captain R Wilson, Palermo, Heritage Glen, West Oak, and Ecole Forest Trail).
Students who wish to register at Garth Webb Secondary School must complete a Student Registration Form, which is used at all schools within the Halton District School Board.
When families are registering students, there are several pieces of identification and information that are needed. Here is a checklist of what is required.
If you are transferring from another high school, please complete the Application to Transfer form and include it in the registration package.
To help with course selection please review the various courses offered at Garth Webb:
Grade 9 Course Selection Materials 2023/2024 School Year
Selecting Courses for Grade 9: a resource for families
Grade 10-12 Course Selection Materials 2023/2024 School Year
Course Descriptions Grades 10-12
Option Sheet Grade 10-12 (English Track)
Option Sheet Grade 10-12 (French Immersion Track)
Grade 10-12 Course Selection Presentations